常用口语
#1
慣用短句:
You are a dreamboat. 你是位(异性所追求的)理想人选
You are such a dish. 你是个绝色美人
I've been dying to meet you. 我非常非常想见到你
Every time I see you, you leave me out in the cold. 每次我见到你,你都不睬我
I only have eyes for you . 我只在意你
I'd do anything to see you crack a smile. 为了博得你的一笑,我情愿做任何事
You swept me off my feet. 你使我神魂颠倒
You don't have a care in the world. 你不知人间烦恼为何物
I'm still trying to get to second base with you. 我仍旧试着想和你发展到‘第
二阶段’(在美国,first base 指拉手,接吻,second base 指抚摩等,third base
指做爱)
If you don't want to lose me, you'd better lay it on the line. 如果你不想失
去我,就最好一五一十地告诉我吧
Tell me your story, I'm all ears. 告诉我你的故事,我洗耳恭听
Someday, when your ship come in, you'll build your dream house. 总有一天,当
你有钱时,你会建造你梦想的家
I hope your idea takes wing. 我希望你的想法成真
I wish that you would put your cards on the table. 我希望你干脆把话挑明
Have you ever seen your old flame? 你还见过你的旧情人吗
If the shoe fits, wear it. 如果是真的就承认吧
This experience will make me show my true color. 这种经历将使我暴露我的本性
I have a bottomed-down mind. 我是个没有什么独到见解的人
I have no direction, I just get wherever the wind blows. 我没有方向,只是随
风到处飘
I can't burn the candle at both ends forever. 我不能永远这么过分地消耗精力
We could make beautiful music together. 我们也许会是和谐幸福的一对儿
You are always trying to get my goat. 你总是想惹我发火
I'm a man of my word. 我是个讲信用的人
Someday you're going to have to face the music for your actions. 总有一天,
你将不得不承担自己的行为所带来的后果
Just cool your heels! 好了,安静会儿吧
Save your breath! I don't want to hear it. 不要说了,我不想听
Really?? You are so bad! 真的吗?你真棒!!

生活慣用習語:

Potluck Party: 一种聚餐方式,主人准备场地和餐具,参加的人必须带一道菜或准备饮料,最好事先问问主人的意思。

Pull over!把车子开到旁边。 

Drop me a line!写封信给我。 

Give me a ring. = Call me!来个电话吧! 

For here or to go?堂食或外卖。 

Cool:That's cool! 等於台湾年轻人常用的囗语"酷!",表示不赖嘛!用于人或事均可。

What's up? = What's happening? = What's new? 见面时随囗问候的话"最近在忙什么?有什么新鲜事吗?"一般的回答是"Nothing much!"或"Nothing new!"

Cut it out! = Knock it out!= Stop it! 少来这一套!同学之间开玩笑的话。

Don't give me a hard time! 别跟我过不去好不好! 

Get yourself together! 振作点行不行! 

Do you have "the" time? 现在几点钟?可别误以为人家要约你出去。 

Hang in there. = Don't give up. = Keep trying. 再撑一下。 

Give me a break! 你饶了我吧!(开玩笑的话) 

Hang on. 请稍候。 

Blow it. = Screw up. 搞砸了。 

What a big hassle. 真是个麻烦事。

What a crummy day. 多倒霉的一天。

Go for it. 加油 

You bet. = Of course. 当然;看我的! 

Wishful thinking. 一厢情愿的想法。 

Don't be so fussy! 别那么挑剔好不好。 

It's a long story. 唉!说来话长。 

How have you been? = How are you doing? 你过得如何?近来可好?

Take things for granted. 自以为理所当然。

Don't put on airs. 别摆架子。 

Give me a lift! = Give me a ride! 送我一程吧! 

Have a crush on someone. 迷恋某人

What's the catch? 有什么内幕? 

Party animal. 开Party狂的人(喜欢参加舞会的人)

Pain in the neck. =Pain in the ass. 眼中钉,肉中刺。

Skeleton in the closet. 家丑 

Don't get on my nerve! 别把我惹毛了!

A fat chance. =A poor chance. 机会很小

I am racking my brains. 我正在绞尽脑 

She's a real drag. 她真有点碍手碍脚

Spacingout = daydreaming. 做白日梦

I am so fed up. 我受够了!

It doesn't go with your dress. 跟你的衣服不配。

What's the point? = What are you trying to say? 你的重点是什么?

By all means = Definitely. 一定是。

Let's get a bite. = Let's go eat. 去吃点东西吧!

I'll buy you a lunch (a drink; a dinner). = It's on me. = My treat. 我请客 

Let's go Dutch. 各付各的 

My stomach is upset. 我的胃不舒服 

diarrhea 拉肚子 

吃牛排时,waiter会问"How would you like it?"就是问"要几分熟"的意思,可以选择rare,medium或 well-done。 

I am under the weather. =I am not feeling well. 我不太舒服! 

May I take a rain check? 可不可改到下次?(例如有人请你吃饭,你不能赴约,只好请他改到下一次。) 

I am not myself today. 我今天什么都不对劲! 

Let's get it straight. 咱们把事情弄清楚!   

What's the rush! 急什么! 

Such a fruitcake! 神经病!

I'll swing by later. =I'll stop by later. 待会儿,我会来转一下。 

I got the tip straight from the horse's mouth. 这个消息是千真万确的(tip指消息)!

easy as pie = very easy = piece of cake 很容易。 

flunk out 被当掉 

take French leave 不告而别

I don't get the picture. =I don't understand. 我不明白。 

You should give him a piece of your mind. 你应该向他表达你的不满。

hit the road = take off = get on one's way 离开。 

Now he is in the driver's seat =He is in control now.   

Keep a low profile (or low key). 采取低姿态。

Kinky =bizarre =wacky =weird 古怪的。 

klutz (=clutz) =idiot 白痴、笨蛋。 

know one's way around 识途老马。 

lion's share 大部份。

tailgate 尾随(尤其跟车跟得太近)。

take a back seat. 让步。

take a hike =leave me alone =get lost 滚开。 

hit the hay =go to bed 睡觉。 

Can you give me a lift? =Can you give me a ride? 载我一程好吗?

green hand 生手、没有经验的人。 

moonshine = mountain dew 指私酿的烈酒(威士忌)或走私的酒。胡说八道也可用moonshine。His story is plain moonshine.   

chill out =calm down =relax(来自黑人英语) 

rip off =steal:I was ripped off. 我被偷了;rip off 也常被用为"剥夺"My right was ripped off. 权利被剥夺(来自黑人英语)。

我们称美国大兵为G.I. (Government Issue) or GI Joe, 德国兵或德国佬为 Fritzor Kraut,称英国佬为John Bull,日本人为Jap.或Nip,犹太人为Jew都是 很不礼貌的称呼。

mess around (with)瞎混;Get to work. Don't mess around. 赶快工作,别瞎搅和。

snob 势利眼 

sneak in, sneak out 偷偷溜进去,溜出来 sneakers 运动鞋

She is such a brown-nose. 她是个马屁精。 

This is in way over my head. 对我而言这实在太难了。

I am an exam jitter and I always get a cramp in my stomach. 我是个考试紧张大师,一考试胃就抽筋。

Keep your study (work) on track. 请按进度读书(工作)。

Did you come up with any ideas? 有没有想到什麽新的意见?    

Don't get uptight! Take it easy. 别紧张,慢慢来!   

Cheese! It tastes like cardboard. 天哪,吃起来味如嚼腊! 

Get one's feet wet. 与中文里的"涉足"或"下海",寓意相同,表示初尝某事。I am going to try dancing for the very first time. Just to get my feet 
[图片: 20070609_331b60e20acb6a4bd9dfLEOoDRnOqEeK.jpg]
回复


跳转到:


正在阅读该主题的用户: 1位游客
您的访问已通过Cloudflare保护,访问自美国/loc=US。